Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pressing Forward

Hello Everyone!

Well the first week in my new area was good. Our area is huge! One of the hard thing about this area is that the people here are really rich, and it is hard getting into their houses. So, we work a lot in the Elders area, but we will  have to change that because they were giving us a fuss for not working in our own area
 Before I got to this area they had planned on doing a booth in a park here on Friday, so we got to do that.  Most people just kept walking by and never stopped  to talk to us, that is......  except a little boy that took a folleto who left and made it into a gun and  started playing with his friend with it. After a couple of hours of doing the booth we ended it and went to our citas.

Saturday we went to Pizza Hut....  it was sooooo good.  I miss American food!  Our citas that day were really good. We walked a lot and got lost a couple of times.
 
 My first Sunday  here was great! Church was good. I was put on the program so I got to talk and bear my testimony. After church we went to a members house for dinner. They made something I haven't had here before "steamed veggies" (so good!) and dessert. Afterwards we went to a cita, and then got to Skype our families for Mother's Day! It was so awesome seeing and talking to everyone. I miss you guys so much!
 
Monday and Tuesday we had meetings. (Tuesdays meeting was with President and Hna Douglas about how we can strengthen the work here in San Francisco). I learned a lot in that meeting.  Here in San Francisco the work is really hard but I am willing to work as hard as I need to help strengthen the work here. We also have started working in a new part of our area in El Campo to find new investigators. I am really excited to that.
 
Tuesday night Hna Manarang  got asked to teach seminary,  which in this area it is at 6pm.  There was only one person that showed up to it. I have realized that I wish I had paid more attention in Seminary.  I'm glad I have my mission experience to study and learn the things that I was taught before. I love learning new things. Tell the kids in seminary to pay attention!!! The things that you will learn will bless you for ever! 
 
We  have been talking about starting an English class here (like in my last area) to see if we can get some other new investigators to attend. 
 
The work here  needs a lot of help but I know we can do it. I know that if we put forth the effort there will be a lot of éxito in this area. I know we changed a lot in my last area and that President put me here to help change this area. I can not wait to see the progression and changes that the Lord has in store here in San Francisco. 
 
Wednesday- because it is my companions last transfer before going home,  we are going to be doing a lot of traveling on Wednesdays (our p-day) so that she can visit her old areas. Yesterday we were in Santiago buying things, seeing people, and doing a little bit of last minute things. We also ate at the new Subway that was just built.

I love and miss you guys!
Until next week!
I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Heather Peugnet  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment