Saturday, July 12, 2014

Plan of Salvation 7-9-14

Great Week... we did service and had a lot more citas than we have had in this area for a while. 

This last week we have been focusing a lot on the Plan of Salvation.

We got a reference this last week from our stake president and his wife about someone he used to work with who's son who was in his early 20's just passed a way in a motor accident, so we did an introduction to the Plan of Salvation they were very interested and had some really good questions. I hope that they had felt the spirit just as I was able to feel it. We have another cita with them this Friday and I hope after they had a chance to read the pamphlet that they will be able to understand the plan of God for each and every one of us and for our FAMILIES. 
Our second experience was with Erilina and Tamara. Over the last couple of weeks we have been teaching them about the Plan of Salvation. During this time their dad has been really sick. On Sunday Erilina came to church with her 3 kids. She is such a strong women and a huge example to me. Even though one of her kids wasn't feeling well and were tired they still came. While we were in Relief Society a family member of Erilina came and told her that her dad had just passed away. So, Hna Bowen, me and our Relief Society President drove her and her kids to her house. When we got there she was freaking out.   However, when we got back to church our Relief Society President did an amazing thing.   This family has nothing so she talked to a couple of members and a lot of them pitched money in to help the family get a casket for the body. It was so cool seeing the members work and help this family out. Monday we got invited to go to the funeral. When we got to their house Erilina told me that she needed more strength and  that she couldn't do this,  and then Tamara asked us if we could sing some hymns for them so we did. There was about 6 of us and we sang about 5 hymns for them until they were ready to take the body to the cementary. Before they took the body they asked us to say a prayer for them. One of the Elders in my area did  and it was very comforting for them. While we were at the cementary waiting for them to finish digging the hole (the family ended up having to help finish the hole because it wasn't big enough) and a couple of the daughters of the guy that just died were going crazy.  One of the daughters of the dad tried jumping in because she didn't want them putting her dads body in it. It was really sad to watch. At one point I went up to Erilina and asked her how she was and she told me "I know he's with God he's fine now", it just gave me a warm feeling and I reassured her that he is not suffering anymore and that he is in a better place and that she will see him again. 
I am so greatful for the Plan of Salvation and for the experiences that I have had this last week. It has not been an easy week and I hate don't do well with death,  but I know that everything will be alright through the plan of God. He is always here for us and he will always carry us through those hard times. We are never alone.  If we are strong and have trust in the Lord~ everything will be ok.  
I came across this poem again this week and thought I would share it. I know the Lord is always with us.       
  

The Footprints Prayer

One night I had a dream...
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.
 
I love and miss you guys!
Until next week!
I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Heather Peugnet  <3




 

No comments:

Post a Comment