Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hola! Como estas?

Familia,

Hola! Como estas? I am learning so much here in the CCM. Today has been a great day! I am feeling so much better...I was really sick for a few days. I'm hoping my body is just adjusting to the food here. The fruit here is amazing. I constantly eat fruit and bread if there's nothing else better. I stopped asking what kind of meat they are serving and just try it...surprisingly, I like most of it.

I am learning more and more each day. So far I can hold a little conversation, introduce myself, and pray and bear my testimony in Spanish. This morning we went out front of the temple and talked to some Dominicans that were visiting. We also played rock, paper, scissors with some of the kids that didn't speak English. The people here are very nice and friendly. We get to go to the temple every Thursday. I love the feeling of the spirit and peace while I am there. 

Sacrament meeting this week was so spiritual.  I know my prayers are being answered. Today I felt my Heavenly Father wrap his arms around me. I know that even at hard times Heavenly Father is always there for us. Tonight we had a devotional by Jeffrey R. Holland. He talked about missionary work and said a couple of things I'd like to share. First, this is REAL LIFE, convert yourself. Second, this is our time...be the best! Third, God chose YOU.

I am loving it and learning more each day. Even though I can't pronounce words correctly, I can understand about half of what people say.

I'd like to end by bearing my testimony:

Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y el Redentor. Yo se que Presidente Thomas S. Monson es un verdadero profeto. Yo se que el Evangelio de Cristo es verdadero y Dios es nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial. Yo se que las familias son eternas. Esta creencia me ayuda a supercar desafios y tener esperanza. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet <3

No comments:

Post a Comment