Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I love to see the temple...

Hola!
 
I have not been sick since my first week!!! Yay! :) Yes, in the CCM I'm in a tri companionship just because there is an odd number of us that came from the USA and that are learning Spanish. We share a room. Our room is bigger now because we just switched rooms. Now I have a view of the temple, it is so pretty to go to bed and to wake up to.
 
This week has been an exciting week! It went by so fast, I can't believe today is Thursday. Monday we went out to do service. We went to the church office and helped there. The driving here is so crazy!!! We are so lucky that we don't get to drive here or we'd be dead! People don't stop ever, they don't use blinkers, or drive in the lanes. The lines are invisible here, also they don't follow the speed limit; it's like speed minimum. On Tuesday we went shopping, that was so much fun. The "mall" here is like a WalMart X2. That was a lot of fun to see and do. The CCM is what they call the MTC here mom. Everyone left Tuesday morning that was really sad to see everyone I got close to leave. There was also only 7 of us in the CCM until last night. We got some more missionaries. Mostly from Haiti just coming to learn the gospel. They speak French and told me how to say our last name!!! :) For gym time since my acro-yoga partner left I've just been playing basketball or frisbee. Sometimes I'll run around the temple with Hermana Thorpe and she helps me with my Spanish as we run! The Spanish is still coming a long. I just have to remind myself that I haven't been here that long and to look at how much I've progressed...
 
There is this guy here is name is Reid and he is handicapped. He is here with his parents as they are serving their mission. He is such an inspiration and just puts a smile on my face when I see him. He is also one of the most talented people I've ever met.
 
Sunday I will be calling at 5:30pm my time so 2:30 your time. I will call Alex's phone so that we can add Holly's and Austin's family on the call. I will only have 20mins to call but am so excited that I get the chance to.
 
I have not got your letter yet but I'll keep an eye out for it. Have you got any of mine? I've sent 2 so far!
I love you and miss you all so much!!!!
 
Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet <3   
 

Heather's room at the CCM


The view from her room

View of the ocean from her room

Acro-Yoga :)


Hermana Peugnet and Hermana Olsen with Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment