Thursday, June 20, 2013

Learning and Growing

Hey everyone how's it going?

Well I guess I made it through the hardest week... Well that's what everyone is saying. 
I have not been to an actual store yet. Just been stopping at the the commadoes to get something to eat. We aren't allowed to eat at members house unless it is on Sundays. 
My first week was really hard but I've learned so much. Each day I learn a couple of new words in spanish and I am understanding more and more each day. 
In La Vega I met some awesome people and have a greater appreciation for all that I have back at home. I met an awesome friend her name is Yulissa. She's awesome and taught me a lot of spanish. She also speaks really good English too which is awesome! She would come out with us to our lessons and to show us were members and inactives lived.
Saturday all of the sisters in Santiago met at the mission home and had a meeting. I talked to President Douglas and he helped me out so much! He allowed me to call my family. It was so nice that I was able to talk to some of you guys. I miss you all so much and hearing all of your love and support was awesome! It was nice just being able to hear your voice and encouragement. 
Sunday church was a little interesting... I had no idea what was going on. Luckily Yulissa sat next to me so she could translate for me during sacrament. We went over to a members house for lunch. we had rice and some soup thing with all different parts of the chicken and different vegatables. I feel bad because I didn't eat much because I wasn't hungry and I can't eat a lot of rice or I get sick. But the husband kept on trying to give me more and more food. The people here eat so much it is insane! Especially the way they all look. I wish I could be able to do that.   
Monday not much happened.... My mission President was doing a couple of companion swaps and I was one of them so not much happened that day. we had a meeting in La Vega with all the missionaries serving there. After that some of us went to the la Sirena to get something to eat. When we got back from lunch we went over to Yulissa's house and it started pouring! (Mckenna wish you were here so we could play in the rain). Around 5 the mission Presidents Assistance came and picked me up. My mission President transferred me to Bonao. Now my new companion is Hermana Porter from Utah! She is awesome and things have been great. I'm sad that I left La Vega and I hope I have the chance to go back there sometime soon because I really love the people there and learned so much there. 
Tuesday Hermana Porter and I went to a huge district meeting with President and Hermana Douglas and all of the missionaries in Bonao. That meeting was mostly all day. In our apartment our electricity doesn't work... but our water does so I can take an actual shower. We went out yesterday with a member and it poured on us... I love the rain.
I love you all and am so grateful for all of your support!!! 
Hermana Peugnet

No comments:

Post a Comment