Thursday, June 20, 2013

Transfer to Bonao

Well... This week has been great! I am learning so much. My companion Hermana Porter is such a great teacher. She only has 4 more months out in the field and is from Utah.
 
We finally got our stove working!!! YAY! Now we just need electricity so we can have light at night and so that our fridge can work....
 
The power goes out all the time here. So if I don't email on a Thursday it is because there was no power.
 
Not much has been happening just a lot of contacting. We walk about 3hrs a day. Sometimes we just get poured on which is a lot of fun because I love the rain. The days go by so slow but so fast at the same time.
 
Last Saturday we were walking to a cita when a little girl came up to us and asked us to come visit her family so we did. She is one of 11 kids and her mom is ¨single¨ and is pregnant with number 12. I have so much love for the kids. We taught them about the plan of salvation. One of the little girls is really interested in our lessons and the mom has been very accepting as well.
 
I have had some hard experiences in my life and I have to say serving this mission and not being able to talk to the people and not understanding them has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I can't believe I have already been out for 2 months though, the time is flying by so fast.
 
Sunday my mission president came and we had a devotional about families... Only if I understood what he was saying. LOL! But I'm sure it was a great lesson.
 
Monday we had a 2 week reunion in Santiago so Sunday night my companion and I went and spent the night at the mission home. One of the best sleeps I have gotten in a long time. I sleep really terrible right now... we always have a rooster or a cat outside our apartment always making noise all night long.
 
There is a huge storm outside right  now and we are going to get soaked! I hand washed my clothes today that was an experience... Wish I had a washer to just throw my clothes in.
 
We are hoping for a couple of baptisms by the middle or end of July.
 
I love you guys so very much and hope you all have a great week!
 
Adios from Bonao, Santiago Dominican Republic
 
Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment