Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lead by the Spirit

Hola!
This is a video that I watched the other day and loved it!! It’s a short clip by Elder Russel M Nelson.
Last Friday was an awesome day. I went out on Splits with a missionary. My companions name was Hermana Coe. She was super nice, we had a lot of fun together. The first investigator that I met was Ayde. She was this older lady and super nice. She has taken all of the discussions but is having a hard time understanding exactly everything but had just completed reading the Book of Mormon. She was having a hard time because one of her sisters just passed away and another one is in the hospital. I didn’t know what I was doing but all of a sudden Spanish just started coming out of my mouth and I told her that I know how hard it is. That I had worked in a hospital and know that not always good things come from it. I looked at her and she just started crying after I was done talking. I shared my testimony with her about the plan of salvation and how important the gospel is in my life. After we left my companion was so surprised just as much as I was and told me that I did awesome and that the Spirit was so strong when I was talking to her. The rest of the night was good. I had some other people that we taught tell me that I sucked at Spanish my companion had to explain to him that I haven’t been out before and that I’ve been in the training center… I really didn’t understand all that he said but I do know that he said I can’t speak! Lol J The rest of the people are so nice they will just talk to you and listen even if they aren’t that interested in what you are saying and mostly everyone will accept your invitation to church.
The days here go by so fast I sometimes forget what day it is. Yesterday I was writing “catching up” in my journal it is crazy how fast every day goes by.
Sunday I was called up to speak in Sacrament… yes in Spanish too. It was so scary but the spirit was so strong and I know that it helped me throughout my whole talk. It’s so crazy what the Lord will do for us when we are close to him and are in need of his help. I know that he blesses my life everyday even though I may not realize it but He is always there for us. Sunday night after our devotional we (North Americans) went to the temple and sat in the lawn and started singing church songs it was so much fun and the Spirit was so strong. I am so grateful to know that Families are together forever I love you guys and am so grateful that I have you in my life and for all of your love and support.
Monday we teach a senior couple missionary here Brother and Sister Leavitt they are so nice I’m going to miss teaching them every Monday night. Sister Leavitt always had a baked good for us when we left they are amazing.
A funny thing that happened this week one of the sisters that I am with wanted another piece of chocolate at night and one of the Senor couples told her “if you eat too much chocolate you will become big like a cow. We tease about it all the time, it was so funny because after family prayer each night we get a small piece of candy.
Other than that not much exciting happened this week. My Pday’s will change to Mondays from now on idk if I’ll be able to email you guys next week though because I don’t leave to go out into the Field until Tuesday morning. I am so nervous but so excited at the same time. It’s so crazy how fast time flies.
Alex I am so excited for you to go to Ireland let me know you address so I can send you guys letters. Tell Catherine “hi” for me and that I love her! <3
This video is very inspirational. We all need to recognize what all of our gift are and take the time and develop them and become better. God didn’t make us all the same for a reason and we need to be examples to those around us and love the people we come in contact with. It doesn’t matter what our talents are and we may not know why we have them but they may to be to help other in our lives.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet <3
 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment