Sunday, October 27, 2013

Transfers and a new Companion! 10-10- 13

Hola!
 
This last week a lot has happened:)!
 
Thursday we  visited a lot of people and continue to walk a lot and  work hard.
 
Friday was a great day; it rained all day but we continued to visit everyone so that Hna Porter could say goodbye and get pictures with everyone. 
 
Saturday and Sunday was General Conference!!!!! It was so interesting watching it here because I actually stayed awake. For us we watched it at 12-2pm and 4-6pm.  I liked it a lot better at those times:) The conference was so spiritual. I learned a lot and felt the spirit so strong! Sunday we went over to President Jimenez's house after conference and had a really good dinner..
 
Monday I went to La Vega because Hna Porter had a reunion in Santiago so I went on entercambios. It was a lot of fun I had a great time and learned a lot from Hna Reyes. I also got to see a lot of people that I had met my first 5days out in the field. It was even cooler because when they saw me they all were so happy that I was there and wondered how long I was going to be there. .... Right before I left we had a old homeless guy  start following us for about 30mins- that was a little scary. We split up and found out that he was actually following me.We asked someone (a member) to help us and found out that he wanted food from me but I didn't have any. She got him to leave us alone. Then I got  back with Hna porter again and we went back to Bonao. The rest of the night was great we went and visited some families and so Hna could say goodbye.  
 
Tuesday we had our reunion and found out who our companions will be and where everyone was going. I am still in Bonao and my companions name is Hna Mojica. The rest of the day we went over to different families houses and continued to say goodbye and took tons of pictures! It  rained ALL day! It made for an interesting day.

Today I met my new comp she is really nice. She only speaks spanish and doesn't know English.... I don't know how to spell where she is from,  but it starts with a N and they speak spanish!!! LOL :)

This transfer I will be learning patients and lots of Spanish!!!!!! So far things are going great. It hasn't been as bad as I it was going to be to communicate. We are doing pretty well. I am excited to see what this next transfer brings . However, I am really sad to be losing Hna  Porter. I have learned a lot from her but I know that sometime in life we need to move forward and face the hard things in life. I know it's not going to be easy,  but I KNOW I will be blessed and that when I am having a hard time I can ALWAYS pray to my Father in Heaven.
 
I hope you all have a great week!!
 
Until next week!!!!
 
I love you!
 
Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet <3

No comments:

Post a Comment