Saturday, July 6, 2013

A very productive week!

Hi everyone!
Sunday we had 2 investigators and 6 less actives come to church!!! That was awesome! One of our investigators didn't come because she couldn't find something that would be appropriate to wear but her husband came instead and she'll be coming this Sunday! Sunday was our first time we went to a member's house and had lunch. It was so good! We had salad, rice, and some sort of meat that tasted like bacon to me! Lol! Margarita is the name of the member we ate with; she is so nice and sweet!
After that we just went out contacted and visited less active families and went to appointments.
 
Monday we were walking to our next appointment after we had gone to one appointment that fell through. We were walking past a less actives house when I suggested to stop at her house and see how she is doing. She seemed excited to see us because it had been awhile since we had contacted her. After we got into her house we sang and prayed. My companion Hermana Porter asked the member if she felt Jesus was here with us right now and if  she could ask Him one question what would she ask. Yudi the less active replied and asked what happens to the people that don't hear about the gospel or accept it before they die. My companion turned to me and asked if I understood. I didn't when Yudi asked the question but when my companion restated it to make sure she was right with what she asked I understood it better. She then asked me if I knew how to explain the answer to her. I said yes but I didn't know a scripture. Hermana Porter said "That's ok you can do it".... So I started talking to her and explaining that after we die we go to the Spirit world and that that is where we will get a chance to accept the gospel. I said that the people that haven't heard the gospel will get the chance to have it be taught to them by Jesus Christ and by someone that has passed away before us. It was so awesome and such a spiritual experience for me. Hermana Porter asked her if she had any questions about what I had said and she said no that she had understood me completely. Hermana Porter then shared a scripture to help and we ended the lesson because she didn't have anymore questions. I felt the Spirit so strong and know that I was being guided by the Spirit in what I was teaching.
 
We then went and taught other menos activos (less active members). I enjoy teaching them because just helping them come back to church is awesome and letting them know they are loved is wonderful! 
 
Right now we also have 3 kids (14, 13, 11 yrs old) that we are teaching. They tell us to come back every day which we can't, but it is so cool to see how excited they are about learning the gospel! Their Grandma always makes me think of Andrea and all the other girls that like 1Direction because she wears 1D bracelets!
 
My week has been pretty good! Each day I stay here I am loving it and always loving the people. The people here inspire me so much! I don't know if I could have done anything to prepare myself for being out here besides studying the scripture and always trusting and praying to Heavenly Father. He is always there for us and Loves us so much!!!!
 
Te Amo!
 
Love, 
Hermana Heather Peugnet

No comments:

Post a Comment