Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Look before you drink the water!!

Hey!!!
 
How's everyone doing?
 
I'm doing great! :)  I had a wonderful week!
 
Thursday right before we left to go to our first cita, a member named Hermana Rosa called us and asked if we could stop by because she had a surprise for us... Well when we were walking to her house our first cita (appointment) called and cancelled.  When we got to Hermana Rosa's house, it was her daughter Hermana Laureano (a CCM teacher I had) that was our "surprise". It was so awesome to see and  talk to her. She said that she can tell I am improving and  to keep up the good work and I will be a great missionary. That was awesome to hear! It totally made both of our days and it was just what my companion and I both needed!
 
Friday was a really good day we had some awesome cita's. Before one of our cita's we stopped at home to get some more water and to use the bathroom. While I was filling up my water bottle I saw something white in the water,  come to find out it was gum in our water jug!!!. So we called the water place and they replaced it. The thing that stinks is that the water jug was already half empty, we had already drank most of it!!! How disgusting is that??? Anyway we went to our cita with Alfa. I love teaching her! The spirit is always so strong and she loves learning about the gospel and reading her Book of Mormon. We were going over the Plan of Salvation with her and she was loving it. We were about done with the lesson and I bore my testimony. I love the plan of Salvation.  I am so thankful for it in my life and to know  it's God's plan and that the plan helps our families to live together FOREVER!!! After I bore my testimony I then invited her to be baptized (my 1st invitation)!!! It was so exciting but so nerve racking at the same time. I asked her to be baptized on the 17th of August! I hope that she decides to get baptized. The cool thing about it is,  her boyfriend who is a member of the church will be here visiting her too so if she wanted, he could baptize her!!! :)
 
Saturday was just a normal  blazing hot day. We  worked and walked a lot.
 
Sunday was Father's Day here!!! There were more drunk people out than usual  that day as we were walking to teach our investigators. We  went to a members house and had lunch. We at rice, lemon chicken, and had salad.  A lot of our investigators didn't come to church that day either, which stunk.

Monday was just another normal day.

Tuesday was a really hard day... we had to tell the niños that we are teaching that we can't come visit them as much anymore because they aren't progressing and doing the commitment that we ask them
to do.

We  had FHE with a member and she invited her neighbors to come . I gave the lesson. We talked about the Atonement -Alma 7:11-12. I did that scripture because our investigator that was there- Bienvenido, who is schedule to be baptized August 10th has been having a hard time with his health,  especially his leg. (I want to say that he had a stroke and is now paralyzed on the left side of is body.) He is such a great example to me. His faith in God and Jesus Christ is just so strong. Every time he sees me he always asks about my family and he says that he prays for them all the time too... He seriously does  pray for my family in the lessons each time when it's his turn to say the prayer. The funny thing is, that he has forgotten my companions name and he doesn't pray for her family. We joke about it all the time!

Today has just been a normal P-day cleaning, writing, and relaxing!!!

The Spanish is still coming a long. Each day is different. I have learned not to think about what I am going to say,  but to listen to the person speaking and let the spirit  guide me and help me say what
the person needs to hear!

I can't believe that it is almost August... July went by so fast!!!

I love you all and miss you tons!!!

Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Heather Peugnet <3

No comments:

Post a Comment